Egg Vegetable Pita Recipe
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 brown rice tortilla or high-fiber healthy wrap, cut in half
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
1. Lightly coat a medium non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
2. Add mushrooms, onion and capsicum; sauté until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs and egg whites; blend well.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the sautéed vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, until set, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Then, add cheddar cheese and cook a couple more minutes, until cheese melts.
6. Heat tortilla between damp paper towels for 20 seconds. Divide the mixture into two portions and spoon onto brown rice tortilla halves.
7. Top with hot pepper sauce.
8. Serve and enjoy!