Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground lean turkey breast or ground sirloin
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 small can black beans, drained
- 1 cup medium heat taco sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Sea Salt
- 8 8 (8 inch) brown rice tortillas
- 2 ½ cups reduced-fat shredded Cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil (twice around the pan).
4. Add meat and season with chili powder, cumin and onion.
5. Brown the meat 5 minutes.
6. Add taco sauce, stewed or fire roasted tomatoes.
7. Add black beans and corn.
8. Heat the mixture through, 2 to 3 minutes then season with salt, to your taste.
9. Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining olive oil, about 1 Tbsp.
10. Cut the tortillas in half or quarters to make them easy to layer with.
11. Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese.
12. Repeat: meat, tortilla, cheese again.
13. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.
14. Top with the scallions and serve.