Light & Fluffy Banana Protein Pancakes
Light & Fluffy Banana Protein Pancakes are a healthy breakfast with five simple ingredients that taste amazing and fill you up! Egg whites, protein powder and ripe bananas make up these low-fat and low-carb pancakes, for a complete and wholesome meal under 200 calories.
- 2 (20g each) scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 large very ripe banana
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- In two clean bowls, separate the eggs carefully so none of the yolk gets into the egg whites. Beat the egg whites on high for 2 minutes until they form soft peaks. (It is important that your bowl or beaters don't have any oil, fat or yolks on them, or the egg whites won't form peaks. Soft peaks are defined as barely holding their shape. The peaks flop over immediately when the beaters are lifted.)
- Add the remaining ingredients to the egg yolks and beat until smooth. Gently fold ⅓ of the egg white mixture into the banana mixture until roughly combined. Fold half of the remaining eggs whites into the mixture and finally the last portion until everything is well combined.
- Heat a skillet over low heat. Scoop ¼ c. of the mixture onto the skillet and cook for 60-90 seconds on each side.
- Serve immediately.
- OPTIONAL: Top with fresh fruit and/or ⅓ c. plain non-fat Greek yogurt mixed with 1 Tbsp. honey.