Salmon Roaster with Tomatoes and Olives Recipe
- 1 kg ripe plum tomatoes, stem ends trimmed, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 strips orange zest, cut into thin slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 kgs salmon fillet, (about 1 1/2 inches thick), skin removed, cut in 4 pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine tomatoes, onion, orange zest and garlic in a large roasting pan or on a large baking sheet with sides.
3. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
4. Roast, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes and onion are tender and beginning to brown on the edges, about 45 minutes.
5. Remove pan from the oven. Increase oven temperature to 450°.
6. Add olives and rosemary to the pan; season with salt and pepper.
7. Clear four spaces in the pan and place a salmon piece in each.
8. Spoon some of the tomato mixture on top.
9. Roast until the salmon is opaque in the centre, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness.
10. Serve with green vegetable of your choice and small side salad.