Thyme & Sesame Crusted Fish Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 portions of your favourite white fish
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1.5 - 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt, or kosher salt
- Lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper in a shallow glass dish.
3. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Transfer to a small bowl to cool. Mix in thyme.
6. Sprinkle the fish with salt and coat evenly with the sesame seed mixture, covering the sides as well as the top.
7. Transfer the fish to the prepared baking sheet and roast until just opaque in the centre, 10 to 14 minutes.
8. Serve with lemon wedges.
Note: Serve with green vegetable of your choice and a small side salad with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and vinegar.